COMMITMENT AND POLICY ON ENVIRONMENTAL & SOCIAL PERFORMANCE
We aim to have Environmental & Social Performance we can be proud of, to sustain the confidence of our customer, stakeholders and society at large, to be a good corporate citizen, and to contribute sustainable way to the economic development of Rwanda.
In SPLK we all commit to:
• Manage Environmental impact to “ALARP”.
• Comply with legal requirements and other obligations adopted by the company.
• Develop energy resources, products and services in a sustainable and efficient manner.
• Work to prevent and mitigate pollution and other negative Environmental risks of our business operations.
• Appropriately report on our Environmental & Social Performance.
• Play a leading role in promoting best practice in our industry and region.
• Manage Environmental & Social Performance matters as critical businesses activities, and
• Promote a progressive HSE & SP culture in which all SPLK staff and contractors share this commitment.
• Has a systematic approach to Environmental & Social Performance management designed to ensure compliance with the law and achieve continuous performance improvement.
• Sets targets for improvement and measures, appraises and reports performance.
• Requires contractors and subcontractors to manage Environmental & Social Performance in line with this policy.
• Will use its influence to promote this or an equivalent policy in company related activities which are not under its direct control.
• Engages effectively with stakeholders, and
• Includes Environmental & Social Performance in the appraisal and reward system for all staff.
…. we all have a duty
“Each of us working for or on behalf of SPLK has a right and duty to intervene with inappropriate activities and conditions or when activities are not in compliance with this Environmental & Social Performance Commitment and Policy.”